01 November 2004

Just push the button....

Okay, the election is tomorrow. If you don't know who you're voting for, then you've just come out of a coma. I encourage you to go here.

Sharon's been saying more and more how much she wants this to be over. I think I'm getting that way myself. For me, it's not the constant ads, signs, headlines, etc., though I'm pretty sick of 'em. It's the uncertainty of the whole thing. I'm tired of being in limbo.

This is not to say I don't care about who wins. I believe this president is one of the worst in history. I won't go so far as to say he is the worst, as I believe that is an assessment historians should make fifty years from now. But he's in the running. Bigtime.

I liken my feeling on this election to that of someone waiting for results of an important medical test or a college application or an interview for a job you really want. The outcome will has serious consequences on the future. I know what the best and worst case scenarios are. Now, I want it to be over, so I can begin dealing with the outcome.

Of course, there is the looming specter of contested elections and Supreme Court decisions. The follow-up test, college wait-list, or second interview in my analogy. I can only hope it will be decisive and we can all move on.

No comments: