20 January 2005

Thoughts for Inaguration Day

    Then Nathan said to David, "You are the man! This is what the LORD , the God of Israel, says: 'I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. I gave your master's house to you, and your master's wives into your arms. I gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more. Why did you despise the word of the LORD by doing what is evil in his eyes? You struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword and took his wife to be your own. You killed him with the sword of the Ammonites. Now, therefore, the sword will never depart from your house, because you despised me and took the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your own.'"
      2 Samuel 12:7-10


I'm with Jeri on this one. There will be a reckoning for the policies and actions of this administration, and it will be all the worse thanks to another four years. Given the seeds we've sown, I shudder to think of what we can expect to reap.

No comments: