25 May 2005

Things heard round the house

    The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom.
      H. L. Mencken
I just thouht I'd share a few quotes from today:

Daddy (to daughter): Finish what you're doing. [Pause.] Actually, finish what you're supposed to be doing.

Daddy: What is that?
Mommy: This is a glove that was blown up and decorated as a turtle. It was given to me as a keepsake for all eternity. Guess how many I have.

Mommy: Where is Sleeping Beauty's head?

1 comment:

PapaGoose said...

Around our house it's not gloves, but toilet paper rolls transformed into telescopes, trumpets, or (more recently) lightsabers.

Oh, and in answer to the question about Sleeping Beauty's head...

It's in the box. I took her pretty little head. I am envy.
Now, Prince Phillip, do it! Become wrath!