08 March 2007

Death by Conference Call

    To mute your line, press star-6...
      Automated conference call voice

Lately it feels like that's the most useful think I've heard on a conference call. I am on more conference calls these days. I'm starting to feel like my phone headset has become some psychic vacuum sucking my productivity away. It's like the bridge line is some malevolent entity that feeds on my life force. I hang up from these calls feeling drained. I look at the clock and wonder where the last ninety minutes of my life just went.

"After the tone, please state your name."

"*BEEP*"

"Please, kill me now."

"'Please, kill me now.' has joined the conference."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate talking on the phone. sometimes I fel like the phone is a part of my body, just like a longer arm 2 sad ...

http://waxundwane.blogspot.com

Sharon GR said...

I'm sorry you have to do this every day. I've only had to deal with the conference call sparingly, and that was annoying enough.